Monday, November 3, 2008

Bonjour

Bonjour.
(That means good day -- good as are apples and dirt and the occasional hand-drawn circle.)

It is the morning of November 5th and, even though the news-slugs gargle rhetoric, we know who has won.

We can tell because the barbeque fires are burning.

We can tell because ironic tshirt sales are down.

We can tell because the blues singers are shrugging

We can tell because even though I think you have rocks in your head and you think I have bigger, pointier rocks in mine we are both happy. We chest-bump our campaign pins together in a way that causes a lot of fun and only a little bleeding.

We must get busy celebrating today because tomorrow we have work to do, remember? Remember when we promised him we would help?

We said we would wake up earlier and understand each other more fiercely and throw nickels at the taxman and just generally try better at being angelic?

He said it wouldn’t be easy. I hope we were all listening good enough.

I think we were and that’s why we are making so much merry today, on November 5th. Because tomorrow we are ready to get to work.

Ready?


Set?


Bonjour!!

2 comments:

Gordon Elizabeth Gord said...

Bonjour! And bon apetite! parce que nous servons des pommes. comment font vous aimez ces pommes?

I know the Prophet, or President-Elect Barack Obama has already suggested ways we can help our country stay strong--drive less. And I already don't have a car, and I have decided I will also let my license expire, so I won't be tempted to drive anywhere.

Now, I'm going to learn French, Spanish, Chinese, Icelandic, and Creole. Teach me, students of English 1 at Brooklyn College. Como se llama "growing up"? Because America, as Maya Angelou said this morning, is growing up!

Gordon Elizabeth Gord said...

In fact, I have already let my license expire, already!